Saturday, November 12, 2016

KIDD KRADDICK MORNING SHOW

I was listening to the Kidd Kraddick Morning Show earlier this week and they were granting Christmas wishes. The gentleman they had on was 35 years old and diagnosed with Stage 4 gastric cancer earlier this year. It broke my heart and brought tears to my eyes listening to him talk. He said he's in stage 4 so there's no surgery he can do and it's incurable. The only thing he can do to prolong his life is to always be on chemo. He will try one and when it stops working, switch... to another. When that stops working, switch to another and so on and so forth. NOTHING will ever cure him of this awful cancer. The morning show asked how his kids (4 and 2) and wife were handling it and he lost it. I couldn't help, but to cry along with him. The likelihood that he will last a year is VERY unlikely as stomach cancer is so aggressive (less than a 4% chance of survival if you get it). I feel so awful for this gentleman. At the same time, listening to him made me SO thankful for everything I have learned and that I was able to have the surgery I did so I will NEVER be in his shoes in regards to stomach cancer and I hope by being preventative, I will be around for a LONG time to watch Miss P grow, learn, and become an amazing young lady!!! My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family during this extremely hard time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment