Tuesday, July 11, 2017

POSITIVE

 
Hearing you tested positive comes with multiple emotions...sad that you may pass this down to your babies, mad that you have to "deal with all that goes into this," happy that you have options and won't have to fight cancer if you choose to be proactive, frightened at what's to come, etc. There are a million emotions...

Those emotions have been had by or will be had by EVERY.SINGLE.PERSON in my family that has tested so far. That's 6 out of 6.

I am SO sorry that my aunt, 3 cousins, and my sister have to go through this and that they tested positive for the CDH1 mutation!!!! BUT...I am thankful we have each other while on this journey. It's not a piece of cake or a walk in the park, but it could be SO much worse! We are BLESSED that we have options to be preventative before these nasty cancers can attack!

Please send extra thoughts and prayers for peace of mind to my wonderful family members dealing with this...and, also, to my cousin ,Eileen, as she meets with our team at Mayo today for her first endoscopy and appointments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment