Friday, January 8, 2016

TEST RUN- MRI STYLE

So, not only does this CDH1 nutation give me an 83% chance of hereditary diffuse gastric cancer, it also gives me about a 60% chance of lobular breast cancer. Because there are SO many more ways of detecting breast cancer and the research is way more than stomach cancer, I am going the route of doing scans/x-rays (at least for now).
In August, I did a mammogram which came back just fine. Now, I'm getting ready to do my yearly MRI of my breasts. I didn't realize how much would go into a MRI and especially of your breasts!
I had to go to the clinic today to do a "test run" with the MRI machine. Because of the positioning of the person and the extra bulky box they put in with you, they wanted to test and make sure that this box that your boobs just hang into HAHAHAH and myself fit (the opening in which the box and I have to fit is 60inches). The news- we both fit with ease! If we didn't both fit, then I would have to go over to the hospital where their MRI machine is bigger. Glad we don't have to go that route! Also, I have to call them on the first day of my womanly cycle and then we do the MRI 7-10 days from then. We have to wait due to the hormones that come from the cycle. Crazy information I learned!!! :) Attached is a picture of what it looks like to do a breast MRI and come that time, it will take about 23 minutes. I was hoping to pop some music in and take a snooze on my back like most people do when having an MRI, but nope....I wonder since I'll be in the right position to get a massage, if I could talk someone into that! ;)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment