Monday, March 21, 2016

SAVE THE TATAS

Along with this CDH1 mutation comes the risk of about a 52% chance of lobular breast cancer.  Since there are many more ways of screening for this vs. the gastric cancer and the chances aren't as great as the gastric cancer, I am not going ahead with a double mastectomy....at least not, yet.  That may be something that I consider as life goes on, but having a complete gastrectomy is enough for my brain to think about day in and day out right now.

To stay on top of this, I am supposed to have a mammogram and MRI yearly.  Do a mammo then 6 months later do the MRI then 6 months later the mammo and so on and so forth.  I am set to have my first MRI next Monday, March 28th in the morning.  Hopefully all goes well! :)

(SIDE NOTE- this reminds me of our shuttle driver this last time we were down in Mayo.  We were behind a car with a bumper sticker that said, "Save the tatas" with the pink cancer ribbon in between ta and ta.  He said OUT LOUD, "Save the TAG-TA's?  What's a TAG-TA?"  BAHHAHHAA...he must have thought the ribbon looked like a G!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment