Friday, April 29, 2016

COUNSELING (even when, at first, you think you DON'T need it) IS A GREAT THING!!!!

When I was first told by my primary doctor to start seeing a counselor even if I think I don't need to, I thought just that....ya...ok. I listened, though, and started going. I'm thankful for the time I get with her even if today I felt like a kid doing an art project. Haha!

I feel like I've been pretty darn head strong, but there's one specific family member that has me beyond bothered and for what??? Totally not worth it, but since this whole CDH-1 get up, this person I thought I was pretty close with no longer talks to me or has anything to even do with me. I wrote a letter to this person about a month ago with one last shot and trying to fix our relationship and so far have gotten nothing back. I know I need to keep my head up, but this really bothers me!!! This person saw what my grandpa and mom went through so for that alone, I don't understand. Fine if you don't agree and wouldn't do what I'm doing, but I thought we were closer than that and supported each other through anything and everything.

Anyway, I need to move on and prepare myself mentally for this big surgery I have coming up. The pictures attached is my craft from my counseling meeting today. She had me write down EVERYTHING that I would want to say to this person and she told me not to hold back. Each phrase or word written with a different color. Then, she had me scribble over it with Sharpie and rip it up. I, then, glued pieces to that beautiful flower. Even the bad can become good....it's just a matter of how you look at it. Is this person worth it? No...and if I can keep a good focus I'll find a beautiful outcome.

This project actually felt good and it was nice to write down sooo much onto my sheet of paper. What's crazy though is the one word that stands out from all of that....I cropped it. I won't say what that sentence said, but what I wrote with that word was a powerful one and crazy it stood out even after the fact!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment