Friday, April 29, 2016

BIOPSY SCHEDULED!!!

Well, everyone knows I was feeling a bit...EH...about my ultrasound the other day.

I reached out to my GI doctor down in Mayo to see how he felt.  One of his staff called me back and said that it wouldn't affect anything they are doing, so it's not something they would really want me to have looked at before doing the surgery. They said that for peace of mind and not having worries would be about the only reason they would say to get it done, but nothing medically.

 I, then, talked to my primary doctor who I LOVE and has had my back through and through with this whole CDH-1 bit!!!! She said it would be completely up to me if I wanted to do the biopsy or not. She said she could really understand wanting to get it checked out before surgery because there are no guarantees the inflamed lymph node is nothing. However, when she talked to my radiology doctor, she felt comfortable waiting until after surgery to have it done, too. She had suggested that she talk to my radiology doctor, again, and see if it would be possible to do another ultrasound before surgery in July-ish. I thought that sounded pretty good!!!

THEN....I sit and sit and sit and think and worry and talk to friends and family and my counselor.   I decided, although, doing another ultrasound in July SOUNDS like a good plan, it just doesn't appease me. SO, I let my primary doctor know that I feel like I need to the biopsy and she said that's just fine and a great idea if it will, hopefully, help ease my mind. The radiology department called today and BIOPSY SCHEDULED FOR MAY 17TH!!! I feel SO much better about this. THANK YOU to those who listened to me about this AND for pushing me to decide that YES, I need to be on top of this, too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment