Tuesday, December 20, 2016

12 YEARS AGO

12 years yesterday my mom became our angel in heaven instead of on earth.  Every year, I think it will get better/easier and that's just not the case.  This year is especially hard...not sure if it stems from me getting older and realizing more or the fact that I had this HUGE surgery to remove my entire stomach to prevent me from getting the same cancer that took my mom from us and made her suffer an unbelievable amount....or maybe a little of both.
 
Oh how I wish she would have had the same option as me.  I KNOW, without a doubt, she would have had this surgery, also, if she had that choice.  Also, at 31 years old and 12 years later, I still want and need my mom more than ever!!!  I still have moments where I want to call and tell her things, moments where I have a quick question for her, moments I could use a great big hug from my mom.  Cherish those moments with the ones you love and never take them for granted. As much as it hurts to have her gone, I need to remember all of the great moments we had together and if wasn't for her going through what she did, I never would be where I'm at today....living without my stomach and without the extremely high chance of getting diffuse gastric cancer.  I am thankful for that part, at least!!!!
 
 

1 comment: