Wednesday, December 21, 2016

HEART-BREAKING!!!

My heart is breaking for a fellow CDH-1 mutated momma. She is 27 years old and lives over seas. She tested positive and has been doing her endoscopies every 6 months until she's done having babies. She decided after babies she will have her stomach removed (you can still have babies after surgery, it's just more tricky).

Apparently, they still do endoscopies when you are pregnant overseas and guess what? They found stomach cancer! They said they would follow back up with her... in a couple weeks and do another endoscopy and see if it had spread. If not, they would plan to take baby by c-section at 37 weeks and within that same week, remove her stomach.

She had her follow-up and the cancer spread (remember how aggressive I said stomach cancer is??). They plan to take baby by c- section at 26 weeks which is pretty quick here and immediately remove her stomach.

My heart aches for this soon to be momma of 3. At 27 years old, I cannot even fathom the thoughts rolling through her head and the pain in her heart right now. Please send an extra thought or prayer if you can!!!

This brought tears to my eyes this morning reading her update. They are not kidding around with this nasty cancer and mutated gene and a lot of mommas will, after testing positive, try to wait until after babies to have their stomach removed. You just do NOT know what is in store for you in life and it's so risky with this mutated gene and her story reminds us of this.

3 comments:

  1. Stomach cancer can be so agressive and you don't even know you have it. Mine was so aggressive it had popped out of my stomach and into my liver and I still felt fine until one day I felt sick. Three days later I was in surgery. My thoughts and prayers are with this fine young woman and hope all will be well and baby fine. My granddaughter in England was born at 26 weeks and was very ill for a short time but today she is 14 and the picture of health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Very Merry Xmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So tragic. My nephew was born at 24 weeks and is doing fine today. The baby will spend time in the hospital though. prayers being sent for both.

    ReplyDelete