Wednesday, December 7, 2016

DAY ONE OF FAT MALABSORPTION TEST

DAY 1 went....AWFUL! Just being honest here. I don't really feel like this 100g of fat/day thing is really for someone that doesn't have a stomach and for someone who has, since surgery, become lactose intolerant. I feel like I should be trying to take in fat grams however I can whether I'm eating or drinking. I haven't found much for drinks that have fat grams in it other than milk. So, it's been far from fun.
I won't go into great detail regarding the bathroom, but I will let you know that I changed the toilet paper roll TWICE yesterday and already ONCE this morning. Also, I'm not able to feel "full" anymore without a stomach, but I can tell that I am by the ache I have in my gut after eating. I'm trying to eat SO much and things I don't have very often just to get in my fat grams that I even ended up throwing-up yesterday morning. Along with the throwing-up came dizziness, becoming light headed, and really just wanting to sleep!
I just want to have my Lifewater or water, fruit cups, applesauce, green beans, and chicken like normal, again. I'm actually over having breaded chicken breasts, oreos, milk, chips, corn dogs, etc. NEVER would have thought I'd feel that way, but I feel like my appetite has changed quite a bit since surgery just knowing how my body reacts after having these things.
Today has been a LITTLE bit better. I've had ZERO milk, but I had a piece of peanut butter toast for breakfast (with 2tbsp of pb) and then about an hour later, I had 1 oz of cashews. I was gagging getting the last 3 cashews down and am just thankful it didn't come back up. I had M&M's about a half hour ago and am gearing up for lunch. I'm having 8 mini-corn dogs as that's 23 grams of fat!!!! However, I already feel nauseous just talking about it. Shortly thereafter, I will be napping....this kind of food makes me feel super lethargic, so I look forward to that...as long as I'm not awaken needing to use the bathroom, again, like I was yesterday!
Cheers to another day...or something like that. BRING ON MONDAY!!!!!!!! I've NEVER been so excited for a Monday in my WHOLE life! HAHA!

2 comments:

  1. Heather, I found your blog right before I had my TG surgery last month and went back and reread parts after I came home from the hospital. I would love to connect with you as I am just 5 weeks out and feel like you could help answer some questions. I also have the CDH1 gene. Would you be willing to email with me and link me to that Facebook group of other CDH1 people? Thanks for your blog it truly has helped me so much already!

    Rose Sanders
    My email is : NurseRose07@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete