Tuesday, March 21, 2017

ONE IN NINE MILLION

This surely puts things into perspective when it comes to the CDH1 mutation!!! Thanks, Nicole, for letting me share your eye-opening post!!!!  I must say, I think I would have preferred winning the Powerball lottery! HA!

"I just wanted to share something I read in an article my stomachless friend Dan Crawford shared with me about his family's journey with CDH1. I knew we were rare, but what I didn't realize was that chances of having a CDH1 mutation are about one in nine million! The odds are much better that you would become a millionaire by matching five of six numbers in the national Powerball lottery. You are also far more likely to get struck by lightning (the odds of which are one in 10,000) than to have a CDH1 mutation. We are definitely rare! I am so thankful to Dan and his family for everything they have done through No Stomach for Cancer here in the US to help families like mine."

http://thinkwritepublish.org/the-narratives/losing-yet-winning-in-lifes-genetic-lottery/ has the whole article.

No comments:

Post a Comment