Tuesday, March 21, 2017

SUGAR

Last Thursday marked 7 months since I had my total gastrectomy to avoid stomach cancer. Things are going well, but I must be getting more gutsy with my sugars.

We went out to eat at Pizza Ranch for lunch 2 weeks ago and I, of course, ate more than I should have and was uncomfortable, BUT...I, also, attempted TWO slices of dessert pizza!!!! Well, for about a half hour after lunch I felt so dizzy and tipsy feeling (as of I was drinking alcohol). Then, on another occasion we had supper at the Tumbleweed for T-Bone Tuesday. I just had chicken strips and onion rings with a Coke to drink. I drank that whole darn coke and wow...I felt like complete crap! This time, I felt drunk as a skunk from the sugar!!! I LITERALLY could not drive home as it was not safe. IF I have soda pop, I'll usually have diet, but I had a headache that evening so I thought I'd have a REAL coke not realizing how much sugar was in a can of coke.....39g!!! I am supposed to limit myself to no more than 20g of sugar per meal! No wonder I felt the way I did!!!

 So, going forward after those two awful drunk feeling experiences from having sugar....NOT alcohol, I'll be watching my sugars more. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment