Sunday, May 14, 2017

COLOR SPLASH FUN DASH 5k

9 months since my total gastrectomy is coming up on Tuesday. I can HONESTLY say that I did NOT think I would be doing a 5k so soon.

Before surgery, I made a list of super fun things to do with Miss Paige as I wasn't sure when I would be feeling up to doing a lot with her. I thought I would still be recovering, be very tired with zero energy, and still figuring out my new normal (they say average time until you figure out the new you is one year).

I am happy and thankful that I have jumped into a lot of physical activity sooner than expected!!!! A few weeks ago, I was jumping on Paige's trampoline with her and my niece and my sister said she couldn't believe how much energy I have. Last weekend, Sean and I went for a nice long bicycle ride and it felt SO good. Then, yesterday, with the support of some of my amazing friends, we walked, but conquered the Color Splash Fun Dash 5k!!! I could not be happier with how things are going with my "new normal," energy level (since I seem to have figured out my snack routine and what my body needs to function), and I just hope it continues!!!

AND looking at the pictures below, Paige LOVED the beginning part of the race, but how did she feel at the end when she was overly hot and tired??
 "It was too long, too hot, too messy, and everyone looked like a booger when their colors mixed." Paige Huus, Age 5

HAHA....well, the rest of us had fun!!! and mind you, the majority of the time, she road in the wagon or on my shoulders!!!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment