Friday, May 5, 2017

GROUND ROUND

This stomach free lady is a TICKED OFF stomach free lady!!!
A few weeks ago, we went out to eat at the Ground Round. I asked the waitress if I could order off the Kids Menu due to my medical condition (I do this just about everywhere we go and have literally NEVER been told NO....not even at the TWO buffets we've eaten at and one was a STEAK buffet). The waitress said she's never been asked that and would have to ask a manager. The manager came back and said that was fine to do so, but I would have to pay a $2 upcharge since I'm not under 10 years old. I agreed to it, but thought that was odd. Whatever...maybe they'll give a little extra food since they charge more? Well, I got my food which included 5 steak bites and a scoop of mashed potatoes. CLEARLY, wasn't given anything extra. I texted some of my girlfriends to see if I was in the wrong for being upset and over thinking it. They helped me to realize that I had every right to be upset.
I waited two weeks to see if I could just let it go, but nope....still upset, so I emailed the company and got a response back saying the current restaurant manager would give me a call.
The General Manager of Ground Round- Bismarck, ND called me back today. She told me that she apologized for the inconvenience and that I felt the way I did. Their policy is to always allow people to eat off the kids menu, but medical condition or not, they have to charge $2 more. She said they lower their prices on Kids Meals so that ALL families (except for medical conditioned people) feel they can go out to eat and have it be affordable. (I didn't feel like their Kids Meal items were any less expensive than anywhere else?). She said she would like to offer me some free coupons, but that going forward I would still be charged the $2 upcharge. I told her that I didn't want anything for free or any coupons as we will not be back there. However, what I WOULD like her to do is to look at getting that policy changed. Either charge the extra $2, but give a bit more food OR change it so that IF you have a medical condition (and medical card to prove it), that you can order off the Kids Menu NO PROBLEM without an upcharge! She said she would look into it...although, she didn't sound very excited about that.
As if it's not already an irritation to have to order off the Kids Menu as I would LOVE to have a whole steak OR not have to explain myself, it stinks that there would be upcharges like this in place at a restaurant. AND if the waitress had never been asked that before, clearly it doesn't happen daily. Why not let a person WITHOUT a stomach or any other medical condition ,even if they have to show their medical card, order off the Kids Menu no problem? Nope, instead they would rather lose a customer.  Sad and VERY irritating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment