Thursday, September 1, 2016

FOUR YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

Today is our four year wedding anniversary! Tonight will be my first night out to a restaurant and I'm curious to see how it goes. I don't know where we are going, yet, but I don't plan to get too adventurous. I'm just hoping that my new skills that have kicked in won't need to- I can tell when I've wait too long to eat as I get pretty nauseous and I can tell when I've eaten too much as my non-stomach gets very loud and gurgles quite a bit.

Today, also, is a big deal because it's a reminder of what my mom missed out on. Or maybe, I missed out on having her here. It was hard enough not having my dad there on my wedding day to walk me down the aisle, but it was equally as hard not having my mom there as she was my rock! I'm so glad that I have given myself that much more of a chance at being at Miss Paige's wedding one day....and not just wedding, but all those big milestones down the road! I'm just glad I was able to honor my mom in my bouquet that day and that my friend and photographer, Kristi, captured that beautiful picture of her on her wedding day to my dad. The picture was given to me along with the locket from one of her best friends, Beth. Along with that, the angel wings to remember my mom and dad and all 4 of my grandparents who had passed and star broach that belonged to my grandma. This is one of my favorite photos EVER!

 

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo, full of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary Heather. My wife and I celebrated our 28th on September 3rd. Hope you all had an amazing night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Anniversary to you guys, also!!! It was a good night, but I picked chicken for supper and dang, does that take a lot to chew! lol

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your four-year wedding anniversary. It’s my sister’s wedding in couple of months and looking for lovely Malibu wedding venues. Want to make her wedding special and planning awesome arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! That sounds like an amazing place to have a wedding. I'm sure it will be extra special! :) Enjoy!!!

      Delete