Wednesday, September 28, 2016

HAPPY PREVIVOR DAY!!!

Happy PREVIVOR day!!!
 
Is it really elective surgery if the alternative is cancer? In my opinion...NO! If you were given an 83% chance of stomach cancer with a 4% chance of survival if you get it because of a genetic mutation where your mom and grandpa both passed away of stomach cancer and you do NOTHING, you are crazy! Also, when your chances of cancer are genetic, "keeping yourself healthy" isn't really an option!!!

I think survivors of cancer are tough cookies and I have nothing, but respect for those people. However, I am PROUD to say I'm a PREVIVOR and although I'm living without my ENTIRE stomach, I wouldn't have it any other way! Having that 83% chance with a 4% chance of survival is too risky for me!!! It's been a change, but nothing I can't handle and actually way easier than I ever expected it would be.

So, to my fellow PREVIVORS....HAPPY PREVIVOR DAY!!! You are a ROCKSTAR and I think you are AMAZING for taking things into your own hands and for looking out for your family and friends! I am SO happy Sean and Paige will NEVER hear, "She has stomach cancer with only a 4% chance to beat it!"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment