Monday, October 3, 2016

THEY SAY

Don't have more than 20g of sugar per meal they said....it will make you sick they said....
So, I tried it...and they are right :( BUT..that peanut butter cup ice cream bar was worth it!

Also, Friday night Sean and I had a date night. We went to Sickie's Garage. I decided to have a pulled pork sandwich with BBQ sauce and tater-tots. It was SO good, but the problem I have is that I don't know when I'm full. I think I need to portion out my food when I'm out to eat a little better and box what I KNOW I won't be able to finish right away because heaven forbid I stop when I'm supposed to as it's in sight and tastes so good! Sorry to Century High School as I used your parking lot to puke up what was too much. AND...TMI, throw-up is nothing like it used to be. Lots of white foam....SO weird!   I'm still in the learning phase and need to take note of these things going forward...especially with how miserable I was!

Besides those two instances, everything else seems to be going very well.  It seems as if I might have a slight case of dumping syndrome, but I absolutely know before I eat something if that's going to occur with how greasy or unhealthy it seems to be. 

Tuna and chicken go down REALLY well.  Bread not so much unless toasted as it gets stuck.  I'm really into Life Water as it has some flavor and water tastes dirty now and there's NO sugar and NO aspartame.  I was doing a lot of sugar-free lemonade, but then on days I didn't have it, I would have a headache and figured maybe that was coming from the aspartame.  Headaches have gone away and I'm glad I can get the Life Water in bulk at Sam's Club.  My energy seems to be back quite a bit, but simple little things like pushing a thumb tack into a wall causes abdominal pain with the muscles....the first 3 tacks went ok, but come the 4th I was aching.  I keep pushing it, but have to remember I'm not even 2 months out from surgery and that's probably a normal thing to feel!  Again, everyday is a learning lesson and probably will be for quite some time!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, When I came out of hospital a couple of years back and weighing only 41 kilos my Dr. told me to go and eat whatever I liked to put on weight, there was no mention of keep away from sugar. So I had a doughnut every day and chocolate coated icecreams and lots of sugar, all without any trouble at all apart from some dumping. It put on my weight and I have been lucky that I have never bought anything back up, in fact I have never in three yers - everything has stayed down with lots of sugar. I guess we are all different and today with my added weight I don't need to eat the foods that put on weight, so not so much sugar now but it never has affected me. I am really not sure what the deal is about sugar, can you tell me??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, they told me that I can play it by ear and it's all trial and error, but a lot of PG or TG patients find that if they consume more than 20g of sugar per meal, they get dumping syndrome. They told me coming out of surgery, once I was able to eat real food, to try and do high calorie, high fat, high protein, but low in sugar meals. I've been doing that, but now the fat seems like it may be giving me an issue. I'm not sure with the ice cream bar if it was truly the sugar or the milk that gave me dumping, but I'm glad I was home!!! haha

      Delete