Wednesday, November 22, 2017

FINDING YOUR WHY

When it, sometimes, feels like the whole world is against you with this mutation, you MUST find your WHY.  We talked about this a LOT in LA at the Spotlight on Gastric Cancer- A Night of Healing.

This little girl right here, Miss Paige, is MY WHY.  Without her, I'm not sure I would have done this surgery, let alone tested for the CDH1 mutation.  I can't say, for sure, that I wouldn't have done either, but I know that SHE is my reason behind wanting to be here for the long term, if possible.  I hope and pray that I will be able to watch her grow into a beautiful young lady, graduate high school and college, get married, and have babies.  These are all things my mom was unable to be here for due to Hereditary Diffuse Gastric Cancer (HDGC) taking her life.  So, if you choose NOT to test or do this surgery for yourself and you know there is the chance of testing positive, find your WHY and make that your primary focus.  I have not regretted my decision since day one and am SO thankful that I was given this option to be preventative.  I hope I can stick around for a very long time for this little cutie in the picture!  What or who is YOUR why?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment