Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Grey’s Anatomy Season 5, episode 17 “I Will Follow You Into the Dark”

Grey’s Anatomy  Season 5, episode 17 “I Will Follow You Into the Dark”

This episode makes things a little more real in regards to the CDH1 mutation as that is what this episode is about among other things.  When the three older children are talking about whom in their family had the gastric cancer, they talk about their mom, grandpa, and Uncle Buck having it.  That was like a HUGE punch in the gut and I literally got chills.  I felt like that was my life right there (minus Uncle Buck).  A couple things to note that are incorrect in the show if you plan to watch it:

1.        During surgery for one of the sisters, they “find” something.  This cancer does NOT form a mass, so they wouldn’t “find” something in those regards.

2.       Anal leakage/seepage is NOT a side effect of having your stomach removed.

A big thank you to my hubby and my Aunt Vera & Uncle Dalen for taking the time to watch this episode WITH me! J

No comments:

Post a Comment