Friday, August 14, 2015

TRIAL #1

TRIAL #1- Insurance. That should be enough said right there!

Well, for starters, I guess you could say I didn't 100% have my poop in a group.  Didn't have life insurance lined up as we were trying to pay a few other things and kind of put that to the way side. Well, NOW I will not be approved for life insurance with this darn CDH1 gene and all the risks associated with it. (Still going to check out and try for some plans that have no health questions asked with low pay amounts since some is better than none....and maybe I could just do a few plan instead, then?) Thought going into all of this, I better get my game plan figured out, so started looking into hospitalization plans, disability plans, etc. Well, will not/do not qualify for the hospitalization plans...never will....not even if I wait a waiting period.  (I shouldn't say NEVER...I do qualify for the two lowest hospitalization plans, but preferred the 4th plan which is the one I'll never qualify for.)  Disability I am good to go on, thank goodness.........as long as I have a letter from my doctor deeming whatever I do "medically necessary" AND I have to wait 12 months. I think I can manage to wait 12 months....plus this gives me more time to think, figure things out, and save up.  My doctor said it would not be a problem to write up a letter deeming this medically necessary and asked if I wanted one written up that day.  I decided to hold off until closer to procedure day.  Oh the joys of insurance....I think that's an overall feeling whether dealing with the CDH1 mutation or not!!

No comments:

Post a Comment