Monday, August 15, 2016

150% CONFIDENT

To say I feel 150% confident for surgery tomorrow is a spot on remark. Yesterday, I couldn't have said that especially with the tears rolling down my face every few hours, but EVERY time I meet with Dr. Kendrick, I feel so good and so sure in my decision! PLUS, having the #1 laparoscopic surgeon IN THE WORLD doing my surgery can sure help a girls spirits. ;) His assistant during surgery came in to introduce himself and let me know that piece of info. He said Dr. Kendrick takes his work seriously and never boasts, so you will never hear him say that, but I think it's so important for you to know that you are LITERALLY in the best hands in the WHOLE WORLD.

So, I'm not even talking about an open surgery, we are keeping our eye on the prize....a laparoscopic surgery. Surgery itself will only take about 2 hours, but with prep and recovery, we are looking at 4-6 hours. Plan is that if all goes well, which it will, I will be released by Friday and come home Sunday. The plan currently is NOT to take my gall bladder, but he said he would be ok with removing it if it shows any inflammation. He said otherwise they have a med they put me on 2x/day for 6 months when weight loss is most significant and that's what causes the gallstones to begin with. I can call anytime from 8:15-midnight to find out what time I need to check in. I have to have a shower tonight and tomorrow with special body wash for my abdomen twice. No eating after midnight and no drinking 2 hours before surgery. That's what I know!! :)

Also, met with the team doing the study with anesthesia and pressure while under. They said this study is going on world-wide and there are only 50 patients coming from Mayo-Rochester, so that's cool I'm 1 of 50! This study will let hospitals know, going forward, whether to do anesthesia with low or high pressure. Glad I get to be a part of this!!

Plan to enjoy the evening with the hubby and hit up a movie before the big day tomorrow. I will keep you posted on time and location and such later!!!

But......after seeing Dr. Kendrick, I KNOW I got this!!!! However, PLEASE keep sending thoughts, prayers, good vibes, good juju, etc. I would reallllly appreciate it! ❤

6 comments:

  1. Sending all the good wishes, good vibes etc. to you. I have enjoyed following your pre op story and will also follow your post op one as well, as I can see that different countries have very different ideas when it comes to hospitals and ops. and have loved following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie for your love and support while on this journey!! I will try to update soon, but my sister will hopefully update until I can! <3

      Delete
  2. You got this Heather. Sending positive thoughts your way. However do not let them play connect the dots with the heparin shot marks. You will hear about that soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roger!!! Yes, I do...even if my nerves are getting the best of me! Connect the dots? Oh dear...lol

      Delete
  3. Best of luck tomorrow Heather. I look forward to reading about your amazing recovery. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I hope to bounce back quickly and in the meantime, hoping my sister will post updates! Thank you!!!

      Delete