Wednesday, August 24, 2016

THANKFUL

I read a Facebook post today from this woman in one of my stomach cancer groups that brought me to tears!  She said she was working on writing birthday cards for her children for however many years she could get through as she wasn't sure how much longer she would be around and she wanted to make sure they still got a card from her on their birthdays.  Wow!  That is one tough, yet considerate woman, while just waiting for "her time" to go.

How thankful am I?  I have SO many reasons to be thankful and I am SO thankful that I do not have to do that!  I will be honest, I was scared going into surgery.  I wrote a letter for Paige and Sean for after surgery just incase I didn't make it and hid it in my underwear drawer.  I cried when they took me back to prep me for surgery and I cried being wheeled into the operation room not knowing if I would wake up.  I KNEW I had a great doctor who has done this surgery hundreds of times, but what if he had an "off" day?  He is human and humans make mistakes.  I am just SO thankful to still be here, have the option to not have to write my daughter birthday cards to substitute when I'm gone due to stomach cancer, and I get to live life to the fullest...even if it a little different!  THANK YOU, God!  THANK YOU, God!  THANK YOU, God!!!!

On top of that, I am feeling GREAT today!  I haven't used anything, not even Tylenol, for pain.  Everything I have eaten/drinken today has gone well with no spit-ups or dumping syndrome.  I had a Premier Protein drink today which was new and went really well, applesauce, and potatoes (ha!).  I'm not sure what I'll plan for supper, yet, but we'll see when Sean and Paige get home.  I made an appointment with my primary doctor for Friday as that's when my steri-strips are to come off.  I'm nervous about it!!!  I shouldn't be, but I am.  The only one that concerns me is the one near/on my belly button, but I just want to make sure before I take them off that she agrees they should come off without my insides falling out.  haha!  Looking forward to a great evening and hopefully able to go SOMEWHERE to walk since it's crazy windy outside, again, and I do get winded easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment