Friday, August 5, 2016

PRE-OP

BUSY MORNING!!!
 
Had my pre-operative appointment this morning with my primary doctor here in Bismarck, Dr. Traxinger. She is, BY FAR, one of the best doctors I have ever had. She TRULY cares, listens, and is there for you and she reminds you of this over and over again without getting all mushy-gushy and making you cry about it. (haha) I did my lab work to get baseline data as a comparison for after surgery and did an EKG. All was well!
 
THEN, I had my 10-15 minute visit with Dr. Kendrick's (my surgeon at Mayo) nurse. She asked a TON of pre-op questions, too. I THOUGHT and was TOLD she would be able to answer any and all questions I have going into surgery and that she'd let me know what to expect and do before & after. Really, she couldn't answer any of my questions and didn't really give me any insight as to what to expect. Oh well! She referred me back to Dr. Kendrick. So, I need to decide if I reach out to them BEFORE surgery or if my curiosity can wait until I visit with him the Monday before surgery. We shall see! :)

3 comments:

  1. I am following your story Heather and wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS JULIE!!! A year ago I thought this whole year would take forever to come, but now that it's here, I would like another year haha! Tomorrow is single digits and that blows my mind!

      Delete