Saturday, August 6, 2016

GRATEFUL

I recently joined this private Facebook group that has gastric cancer patients and caregivers in it. Reading SO many of their stories is heart breaking and puts a large perspective out there for me as well as bringing me back to when my mom was sick and passed. SO many of these people cannot have their stomachs removed as it's too late and their outcome (dying) would be the same since they caught the cancer too late which is very common in gastric cancer OR the cancer has metastasized (has already spread to another organ or part of the body) so they wouldn't suggest a complete gastrectomy, then, either. As sad as these stories are to read (and it truly is), it reassures my decision. Having the option I do makes me so incredibly grateful!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment