Monday, August 22, 2016

WE ARE HOME!!!!

Well, we got home last night and it was such a relief!!!  Sean dropped me off and then went to get little Miss Paige.  She was SO sweet and SO nervous when she got home.  At four-years-old, I'm sure it's hard to understand everything, but she is the best little nurse!

Before she got home, Paige was prepped to be gentle with me. She saw the bruise from the IV on my right arm and said, "Oooh. Ouch. That's not good. Let me see your other arm." My other arm isn't quite as bad since they took that IV out on Thursday. Then, she saw the bruises on my legs from the heparin shots and says, "Oh my gracious! This is not good!" I asked if she wanted to see my tummy, "No, not right now." I asked if she was scared because she surely looked it, "No, not too much." (haha...she was trying to be so tough) I asked her a few times throughout the night if she wanted to see my tummy and nope, she didn't want to and I didn't want to push her, either!  Well, I was just getting out of the shower and she walked in and saw my incisions.  I told her, "See they aren't so bad, huh?  Were you scared?"  Paige said "No, they're not too bad and ya, I was a little scared. Did they used to bleed?" (now she's right up at my belly looking at them as close as she can without touching) and I'm telling her about how they did bleed, but they have those special band-aids on them to help them to heal. She was very gentle and very sweet the whole night. About every 10-20 minutes she would say, "So mom, how are you feeling?" I felt like I was back in the hospital with the nurses asking all the time how I felt on a scale of 1-10.  Haha.  She sure is a sweet girl and it reminds me how lucky I truly am to be her mom!  I couldn't ask for a better girl!

Today, Sean and Paige went to work and I'm on my own.  I'm TRYING to lay low as I think I over did it putting things away last night when Sean was getting Paige as I was in quite a bit of pain last night.  It's REALLY hard being home and knowing things like laundry need to get done, but I can't lift more than a milk jug.  I don't want to fall backwards, so going to lay low, but it is really very hard for me!!!  I was excited for Sean to get to go back to work today.  I know work is never very exciting, but to have some normalcy in life is ALWAYS a good thing and small sigh of relief! :)

So, here's to a good day today...by myself....and not pushing myself any harder than I should!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment