Sunday, August 28, 2016

OVER DID IT

I had a rough day, yesterday. Well, really I think it was the aftermath of pushing it too much the day before. Just too much walking and standing when my body needed to rest. Even two nights ago, before I went to bed I had to lay up right on a heating pad first, then once my back wasn't spasming, I could go to sleep.  I woke up feeling pretty good, but had run out of things I could eat here at home other than my protein shakes.  So, I had one of those hoping it would get me by to our trip to Wal-Mart.  I think adding MORE walking in yesterday at Wal-Mart probably didn’t help.  It’s not like I really hurt, but I just feel completely worn out and my back hurts (I suppose from the way I hold myself walking with everything shifting inside and with walking on concrete flooring everywhere we’ve been going).  So, we got home and I ate and rested on a heating pad.  After Paige had lunch, we decided to lay down for a snooze.  Well, I knew something was up because I was freezing, but nobody else was.  I couldn’t get a good nap due to me running a fever.  It seems pretty consistent that I haven’t had a “normal” temperature since getting home and it’s always a little higher than the 98.7 (not sure if it’s from things getting acclimated inside or what?). I’ve had a few times where I can tell I have a fever and check and it’s 100.something, but never over 100.5 which is when I would need to call into Dr. Kendrick’s team.  That was the case yesterday- 100.3 fever.  I decided to take a nice shower and that always seems to break it, but it’s just SO much work when I’m already feeling icky to get in the shower.  TMI, but I, also, don’t think that it helps that I haven’t had a really good bowel movement since we were staying in the motel in Mayo after surgery!  I was told I didn’t need to be on stool softeners if I wasn’t on any pain meds and haven’t been since Tuesday, but HAD to take some yesterday as I was starting to become a little miserable.

So far, granted the day is early, I’m doing pretty good.  I woke up THREE times in the middle of the night to try to use the bathroom because my belly and back were hurting and FINALLY I was able to have a bowel movement and I feel SO much better.  I already told Sean that I want to take it as easy as possible today.  I wouldn’t mind getting out for a walk down the block or something, but I think that’s going to be the extent of it.  I feel bad because Paige was very much looking forward to church today, but I just can’t do it….between getting myself and her ready, the walking, and the fact that communion is today and I can’t have it, yet, I don’t want to put myself in that situation.  So, here’s to a day of R&R and church next week!

1 comment: